Meteor Radar Observations
The Canadian Meteor Orbit Radar (CMOR)
The Scientific Questions Addressed by CMOR
- The sporadic meteor background - flux, velocity, and radiant distribution
- Origin and evolution of interplanetary meteoroid population (comet vs. asteroid)
Stream-parent body linkages
- Find and measure radar meteor showers and link orbits to original parents
- Flux and origin based on radar measurements of orbits - distinct sources?
- Ablation studies of meteoroids
- What are the densities and likely chemical compositions of meteoroids?