Future Infrasound Projects
Automated detection of meteor infrasound using cross - correlation/wavelet analysis
- Existing 20 optical – infrasound events used as template to develop algorithm to search for additional probable meteor infrasound events
- Examine radar meteor events recorded during daytime for additional probable triggered meteor infrasound
- Questions to be addressed:
- How often do meteors produce infrasound at the ground?
- Influx of smaller meteoroids capable of producing infrasound?>
- Signal characteristics and variation among meteor infrasound?
- Causes of these signal variations (source vs propagation)
Seismo – Acoustic coupling measurement for Meteor infrasound
- Orion Seismic units deployed near ELFO array elements
- Compare acoustic and seismic signals using similar analysis to that performed with Stardust
- Measurements of soil properties (density, water content, refraction survey)
- Constrain Ben – Menahem and Singh theory
- Extend to Poroelastic/Biot theory