Contact Information (Outdated)
Office: PAB 255
Physics Astronomy Building
1151 Richmond St.
London, ON N6A 3K7 Canada
Small Bodies in the Solar System
- 2005-present: developing and managing the 7Timer! service that provides weather forecast designed specifically for astronomical observation.
- 2006-2009: coordinating the Lulin Sky Survey (LUSS), a sky survey dedicated to the search of asteroids and comets.
- 2007-2011: Research Assistant at the Atmospheric Exploration Laboratory, Sun Yat-sen University.
- 2010-2014: supervising undergraduate student at the Atmospheric Exploration Laboratory, Sun Yat-sen University.
- 2011-2016: Research Assistant at Western Meteor Physics Group, University of Western Ontario
Honors and Service
- 2007: Recipient of the Gene Shoemaker Near-Earth Object Grant.
- 2007: National Award for Youth in Science, Technology and Innovation (China).
- 2007: First Prize in National Challenger Cup in Science and Technology (China).
- Service as Referee: Icarus (1), JGR (1), MNRAS (2), RAA (1).
Refereed Publication (First and Second Author Only)
- Quan-Zhi Ye, Peter G. Brown, and Petr Pokorný (2016): Dormant comets among the near-Earth object population: a meteor-based survey. MNRAS, 462, 3511 [ADS].
- Jan T. Kleyna, Quan-Zhi Ye, and Man-To Hui et al. (2016): The catastrophic fragmentation of Comet P/2010 V1 (Ikeya-Murakami). ApJ Letters, 827, 26 [ADS].
- Quan-Zhi Ye, Meng Su, and Hong Li et al. (2016): Tibet's Ali: Asia's Atacama? MNRAS Letters, 457, 1 [ADS].
- Quan-Zhi Ye, Peter G. Brown, and Paul A. Wiegert (2016): Comet 252P/LINEAR: born (almost) dead? ApJ Letters, 818, 2 [ADS].
- Quan-Zhi Ye, Man-To Hui, and Peter G. Brown et al. (2016): When comets get old: A synthesis of comet and meteor observations of the low activity comet 209P/LINEAR. Icarus, 264, 48 [ADS].
- Quan-Zhi Ye, Peter G. Brown and Charles Bell et al. (2015): Bangs and Meteors from the Quiet Comet 15P/Finlay. ApJ, 814, 79 [ADS].
- Man-To Hui, Quan-Zhi Ye, and Matthew Knight et al. (2015): Gone in a Blaze of Glory: the Demise of Comet C/2015 D1 (SOHO). ApJ, 813, 73 [ADS].
- Quan-Zhi Ye, Man-To Hui, and Rainer Kracht et al. (2014): Where are the Mini Kreutz-family Comets? ApJ, 796, 83 [ADS].
- Quan-Zhi Ye and Man-To Hui (2014): An Early Look of Comet C/2013 A1 (Siding Spring): Breathtaker or Nightmare? ApJ, 787, 115 [ADS].
- Quanzhi Ye, Paul A. Wiegert, and Peter G. Brown et al. (2014): The Unexpected 2012 Draconid Meteor Storm. MNRAS, 437, 3812 [ADS].
- Quanzhi Ye and Paul A. Wiegert (2014): Will Comet 209P/LINEAR Generate the Next Meteor Storm? MNRAS, 437, 3283 [ADS].
- Quanzhi Ye, Peter G. Brown, and Margaret Campbell-Brown et al. (2013): Radar Observations of the 2011 October Draconid Outburst. MNRAS, 436, 675 [ADS].
- Q.Z. Ye and S.S. Chen (2013): The ultimate meteorological question from observational astronomers: how good is the cloud cover forecast? MNRAS, 428, 3288 [ADS].
- Q.Z. Ye (2011): Forecasting Cloud Cover and Atmospheric Seeing for Astronomical Observing: Application and Evaluation of the Global Forecast System. PASP, 123, 113 [ADS].
- Q. Ye (2011): BVRI photometry of 53 unusual asteroids. AJ, 141, 32 [ADS].
Educational and Public Outreach
- Regular Writer for Guokr (a Chinese media outlet emphasized in the promotion of science)
- Regular Writer for the Amateur Astronomer magazine (the oldest astronomy magazine in China, founded in 1958)
- Guest Writer for the Planetary Society
- Invited speaker for lectures and talks on many occasions, including at the Great Hall of the People (2007) and Peking University (2009)
- Chinese Edition Translator of: Unraveling the Mysteries of The Big Bang Theory by George Beahm, Wonders of the Universe by Brian Cox
Last updated: 08/31/2016 23:59:57